Not only do these round cardboard tubes make great fun for kids by creating binoculars, rockets or submarines, they also have great uses for adults to. So instead of throwing these cardboard tubes out, put them to use around your house:
- Use paper towel rolls for a plastic bag dispenser.
- Organize hair bands and hair clips in the bathroom by wrapping them around a toilet paper tube.
- Keep extension cords from getting tangled by folding them neatly inside a paper towel tube.
- Keep holiday lights from tangling in storage by wrapping them around the outside of a paper towel roll and taping down the end.
- Safely store important documents like diplomas and birth certificates by rolling them up inside paper towel rolls.
- Put paper towel rolls inside of boots to help keep their shape.